Friday, February 8, 2008

January 08 Express Kit

Today's layouts are a few of my favorites from this past weekend. For these layouts I used the January 08 MemoryWorks Express Kit. I really love the colors in the kit. I probably would have never purchased these papers on their own, but they really work. That's one of the best things about the kits--finding new papers or embellishments that you wouldn't normally buy, but end up loving!

"Family Pig Out": Fairly simple layout with a few fun elements. Black scroll is a big felt sticker. Looks very cool in person. "Family" was stamped using Heidi Swapp Family Clear Acrylic Stamp. Also used Heidi Swapp Frills Journaling Spots on cardstock and cut them out for journaling. "Pig Out" lettering done with Thickers foam letters--my new favorite letter stickers (included in the kit!).

"Ice Storm": I had a lot of fun creating this layout. The express kit included this glitter glue stuff called "Stickles". It was really fun to play with. I used it on the clear snowflakes and Ice lettering. The only downfall is that it takes awhile to dry and I'm very impatient. Also used sequins for the first time in a layout. The only thing not included in the kit is the letters.

No comments: