Friday, February 1, 2008

Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create!

Quick post before I head out for my weekend scrap retreat.....


I just finished the book Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create by Linda Woods & Karen Dinino. This is the February book at Big Picture Scrapbooking in the Reading Room. This is the first "scrapbooking" book that I've read. The book was very inspiring. It really made me stop and think about how I put my feelings into my work. I've never been one to journal. I never kept a diary while growing up. Blogging has been the closest I've ever been to creating a journal. The basis of the book is to create your very own art journals. This could be something that you share with others or keep private for yourself. An art journal could be a way to get your feelings out. There are no rules or techniques that are required. Get messy!

Overall I thought it was a good book. A good motivator to step outside your boundaries and put your feelings on paper with paint or whatever craft supplies you may have. While, I don't know that I'll be journaling on my bras (yes, that's one of the projects in the book!), I will try to step outside the "scrapbooking rules" and put more feeling into my creations.

No comments: