Monday, January 21, 2008

The Kite Runner

I finished another book today--2 in one month!!! I know it's not a lot, but for me it is. I'm really trying hard to find time to read more. So far so good!

Since I liked A Thousand Splendid Suns so much, I decided to read Hosseini's other novel--The Kite Runner. Although not quite as gut retching as the other novel, this was also a very good book (don't get me wrong there were many many moments of sheer horror in this one too!). I feel like I have learned so much about the Afghan culture by reading these books. I know that they are fiction, but there is so much truth in the actions and politics of the books. I would definitely recommend both books.

I don't go out to the movies very often but I just noticed that The Kite Runner is out in the theaters right now. Unfortunately it is not playing in Cedar Rapids. I will have to check it out once it's out on DVD. I'm sure I'll like the book better (it's always better in the book!), but I would like to see it anyway.

No comments: