Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions. Many times I'll think about things I want to do or improve on, but I never write them down or even tell anyone. This year I decided to change things up. Nothing big, just some things that I'd like to work on for the new year. I know it's another day just like any other day--but it's a new year. A new start. A time to reflect back and look about where you want to be in another year. So, here it goes:

Crafting Goals:
  • Create a craft closet!---this MUST be in done in January!
  • Create something 2-3 times a week. This can be a layout, card, tag---whatever. As long as I sit down and create something or part of something.
  • Create things for the house. My house is in desperate need of some decorating. I can do this in an inexpensive way by hand crafting items.
  • Continue to learn and expand my crafting. Continue to take scrap classes through BPS or other places. Check out other peoples blogs and learn from them.
MemoryWorks Goals:
  • Create and send monthly newsletters to customers to promote my business.
  • Provide monthly crops or workshops.
  • Book a party at each party. This may be a tough one, but it's something to work on.
  • Create a new party layout. Instead of just showing products I would like to put together a new format. One idea is to put together a layout and highlight products as I go.
Other Goals:
  • Create a new weekly cleaning plan. Although I think my house stays clean most of the time, I could do more. Certain rooms don't get enough cleaning attention--bedroom, computer room, storage room, and kitchen. My new routine will highlight one room each week of the month to "deep clean". If I keep this up it should be quick and easy---and CLEAN!
  • Stay calm. Working with 10 kids everyday can be mentally exhausting. Sometimes I find myself ready to pull my hair out. My goal is to stay calm, take deep breaths, and don't let things upset me.
There it is! It seems like a lot, but really they are small steps that can make my life easier, better, and less stressful.

Here's to a happy, healthy, successful 2008! Cheers!

No comments: