Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holiday Cards

It's barely past Halloween and everywhere you go it's suddenly Christmas! I'll admit, I "try" to start my Christmas gift buying early. Mostly due to the fact that I need to spread the money out over a few months. Plus, it's nice to enjoy the holidays rather than be frazzled with too many things to do.

So today I'm thinking about Christmas cards. A couple years ago I made 50+ cards to send out. I was so on top of it! Last year, I scrambled at the last minute and put together a photo card a week before Christmas. While I really loved having the homemade touch a few years ago, I was amazed at the options available for photo cards. It's definitely not the same as it was 10 years ago! The options are almost endless!

Here's a layout I did with last years photo card:

I love the simplicity of it with the black and white and just a dot of red. I also love the multiple photos (let's me pick the best photo of everyone.). I would love to have something similar to this for this year.

I decided to start my search for the perfect card at Shutterfly. Shutterfly is a great online photo resource for photo sharing, photo books, cards, calendars, etc., etc. Their holiday card selection alone has a gazillion options! The set-up makes finding the perfect card for you so simple. Items are categorized by style, # of photos, size, and even color. It makes searching for my simple, multiple photo card SO much easier!

After refining my search, here are a few that popped out at me right away:

I love how the photos are the main focus on the card. This can have up to 6 photos.

Love the retro design on this one.

This is real similar to the first one, but with a little tree added.

This one is so fun! Love the non-traditional colors.

I love all of them!!!! What's fun is I can create each one with different photos and then decide. Crap, I have to pick photos too! Good thing I'm starting early.......

Make sure to stop over to Shutterfly and check out their other stuff too! They have a great photo sharing page, calendars, and so much more.

Which holiday design is your favorite???

No comments: